Taking good care of your oral hygiene is essential to keeping your teeth and body healthy. Having your teeth professionally cleaned removes plaque, calculus and stains which are impossible to remove yourself. Using mechanical and ultrasonic instruments, our dental therapists/hygienists can provide their patients with a thorough teeth cleaning. Regular oral hygiene education, an overall patient risk assessment and regular professional cleans will assist with keeping a healthy mouth. We place a high importance on keeping your teeth healthy for your lifetime.
Having regular professional teeth cleaning (scale and clean) appointments will:
- Reduce cavities
- Prevent gum disease
- Prevent tooth loss
- Reduces periodontal disease
- Freshens breath
- Removes stains
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Reduces the risk of a stroke
What does a patient receive at a scale and clean appointment at Northbridge Dental Clinic?
- Assessment/reassessment of medical dental history.
- Reinforcing home oral hygiene techniques.
- Reviewing soft tissues for any abnormalities that will be investigated further by the dentist.
- A thorough gum assessment and a report showing the changes of your gums e.g. Florida probe.
- Radiographs may be taken to check the bony socket around the teeth to determine the health of each tooth.
- Plaque and calculus is removed using dental instruments.
- Images will be taken using a caries detection camera (spectra), this allows for accurate changes to the tooth structure to be recorded, better diagnosis and a thorough treatment plan.
A typical scale and clean appointment is 50 minutes to allow for a thorough clean and 60 minutes for a new patient.
How are we unique?
Northbridge Dental Clinic offers additional services during your scale and clean appointment which are inclusive of the scale and clean cost.
- Oral cancer screening using the Velscope.
- Locating demineralised areas which are early signs of decay.
- Erosion problems.
- Consult with the dentist if necessary.
New patients welcome.
No obligations to see our dentists, your relationship with your current dentist will be maintained.
Same day teeth cleaning appointments are available.